For our last MOPS meeting we had the moms take a True Colors Personality Assessment. Quite interesting. I took it after since I worked in a room and the results BUGGED me. They still do.
Almost everyone I know thought I’d be a Gold. I knew I’d be a Blue even though I didn’t want to be a Blue. Blue annoys me. Mostly because I annoy myself. Other Blues don’t bug me so much (okay, yes, sometimes they do b/c I notice things about myself in them) but I.DO.NOT.WANT.TO.BE.A.BLUE.
What’s a Blue you ask?
- Sensitive To Needs Of Others.
- Sincere. Expresses Appreciation.
- Cooperative. Collaborative. Creative.
- Caring. Team Builder And Player.
- People Person. Engages Others.
- Artistic. Inspirational. Spiritual.
- Inclusive. Mediator. Peacemaker.
- Idealistic. Intuitive. Romantic. Loyal.
- Seeks Unity And Harmony. Caretaker.
And what’s a Gold?
- Respects Authority Rules, Routines, Policies.
- Alligant, Faithful, Dependable, Prepared, Efficient.
- Remembers The Traditions That Work. Values Family.
- Work Comes Before Play. Practical. Systematic. Orderly.
- Identifies With Groups. Strives For A Sense Of Security.
- Thorough, Sensible, Convential, Proper.
- A Right Way To Do Everything. Stick-To-Itivness.
- Evaluates Actions As Right Or Wrong.
- Stable. Organized. Punctual. Helpful.
It confused me why so many people thought I’d be a Gold instead of a Blue. If you know me well and I’ve trusted you enough to be vulnerable around you, you know I’m Blue to the core. But I give off the Gold hoping it will compensate for the Blue parts I don’t like. Which parts don’t I like? People person, mediator, peacemaker, romantic, seeks unity and harmony, caretaker. There are other definitions that say that Blue’s are emotionally driven and make choices based on emotions. I don’t like that either.
So in my efforts to NOT be so…… BLUE…… I come across as Gold. Pretty much everything that equates to Gold I admire, so I strive for that. And it’s not true to me. Being GOLD on the outside when I’m BLUE on the inside leaves me…. mixed up. hurt. misunderstood. confused.
Why have I done this?
Blue’s don’t get respect as much as Gold’s do.
Blue’s make irrational choices based on feelings.
Blue’s tend to bend over backwards to accomodate others. Gold’s don’t.
Blue’s are called Drama Queen’s and are seen as overly emotional and can’t control themselves.
Blue’s are NEVER taken seriously and have to work harder in order to be.
I hate being BLUE.
But dang it, being treated like I’m Gold hasn’t been good for my Blue heart.
(sorry for speaking in color codes! ha!)