It’ll be interesting to see how long this takes me! I have feared the “100 Things” post for over a year now. 😕
1. Brandy is not my real name. Bonus points if you know what it is. Bonus points for what you ask? Nothing, really. But those who remember it always make me smile.
2. I always say I’m not as nice as everyone thinks I am but I wonder how true that is. I can’t bear to be anything but nice, but that doesn’t always mean I like everyone I deal with.
3. I’m nervous about admitting #2.
4. I always wanted four kids, but stopped at three thanks to a little something called PPD. And that led to a hightened case of OCD mostly about whether or not my children were breating, or safe, or sleeping, or eating, or walking, or talking, or….you get the picture. 😕 There was also the new compulsion to obsess over little details like making sure the pepperoni was all spaced EXACTLY the same on top of my homemade pizza. Pregnancy is not my friend.
5. I am an emoticonaholic in recovery. Sorry in advance.
6. If I could pick any career to instantly have…. I’d panic. I can’t pick things. There are so many things I want to do I can’t decide. Lactation consultant (HUGE passion of mine), own my own coffee shop (something I’ve said for our entire marriage that when Jake retires he is buying me a coffee shop), sing (I’m awful, you’d pay me to stop), teach, act, be a chef…. so many things. I love them all, and then some.
7. I didn’t know how to cook when we got married. The extent of my culinary expertise started and ended with mac-n-cheese, ramen noodles, and bachelor-like spaghetti.
8. Almost 9 years later and cooking is one of my favorite things to do. I still won’t touch a whole bird though….or anything with bone in it.
9. I love to entertain when I have the energy and resources to plan a great party. I obsess about every detail (see #4) so much that when the party is over I am often frustrated that I didn’t let myself have more fun. Even though planning and preparing is half the fun for me. I’m learning to let some things go.
10. When I look back at who I was as a teenager, I often think I was the biggest idiot I’ve ever known and wonder how on earth I was so stupid. I also worry that I wasn’t very nice, even though I would like to think I was….I know I probably wasn’t. I’m sorry.
11. Sometimes when I look at my life I wonder whose life it really is. Are these kids really mine? Is this house really mine? Is this truck really mine? That man, he’s MY husband? When did all this happen? I’m only 15!
12. I often refer to the age of 15 (see previous statement) for some unknown reason. “What are we? 15?” “It makes me feel 15 again” “When will she stop treating me like I’m 15?” (that last one comes when I feel my mom is too mothery…. which I’m sure my kids will say when they are adults too. Just goes with the territory.) I don’t know why my “go-to” age is 15. I wonder if there is some supressed memory there?? Hmmm???
13. I have multiple “best friends” and they are all equally different. Can I say that? Equally different? One I’ve had since I was 13 and our “best friend-ness” now comes from reminiscing about memories from our childhood. Our lives now are very much opposite. Another comes from years of back and forth friendship only to discover we are better as friends rather than enemies. I love her immensely now that we’re adults. The one who knows my thoughts without me saying them was my very first friend at our very first base…. 9 years later and still friends to this day, although we haven’t seen eachother in 6 years. Thank goodness for free long distance, otherwise we’d both be in big trouble. A very special friend I hold dear to my heart is one that became a Christian during our friendship. I was priveledged to be with her when she prayed that prayer and now I am in awe at how far she has come. There are so many more I think I need to parlay this into a blog post. Yeah?
14. Jake was the first boyfriend I ever had to open doors for me. That’s how I knew he was it. Not sure what that says about my standards at that time, but it’s worked out so far. haha!
15. I am the worst house keeper known to man. Sure, I can clean it spotless and make it look amazing….for 12 hours. It’s the continual upkeep I lack.
16. I often smile on the outside but feel tormented on the inside…. might be why I like to be around other people. Keeps me smiling. I’m a big fan of “fake it til ya make it.”
17. In many ways my life is exactly like I imagined it when I was younger…. but the small details are different.
18. I always said I’d rather have all boys than all girls any day…. God totally took me seriously on that.
19. I struggle with gossip… but not in a “oh my gosh, did you SEE those nasty shoes she was wearing today?” kind of way. More of a “did you know that so and so went to lunch with so and so and they talked about how so and so is going here and there?” It seems harmless, but it’s something I struggle with remembering NOT to do, even when it’s not negative. I’ve learned that Satan can take good intentions and turn them into a bad situation very easily, in a way that seems very harmless.
20. I refer to Satan as a sneaky little bastard sometimes. It makes me laugh. But it’s OH SO TRUE.