RSS Feed

Flying Solo Day 2

Posted on

Please Dear God let this get easier as the days go by! ๐Ÿ˜†

Last night was rough when it came to sleeping. It took Dylan 2.5 hours to FINALLY stay in his room. He kept coming down every few minutes for one thing or another. Around 9 it started to get really bad. He was crying hysterically saying he wanted grandma,ย then saying he wantedย Daddy. I called Jake and let Jake give him the what for about staying in bed. I was at my wits end. I was so tired and frustrated. Then of course Aidan wasn’t asleep b/c Dylans antics were keeping him awake. *sigh* By 10 though everything had died down and I could FINALLY relax. Owen went to bed pretty late last night. I don’t mind him up so much. He loves having the run of the house after the older two go to bed. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Iย didn’t go to bed until 1which was a HUGE mistake. Won’t be doing that again. ย Dylan was up at 4:30 saying his legs hurt so I gave him some Motrin and rubbed his legs. Then he thought he wanted breakfast… I said “no way am I getting up and getting you breakfast, I’m going back to sleep” and rolled over. HA!! I’m so nice. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Then we went back to sleep around 5 but then at 7 he was up again for the day. I made him lay there with me about an hour and then he got up around 8. I laid there and tried to wake up but apparently fell back to sleep b/c I woke up a bit before 9 to him and Aidan yelling downstairs. Good grief those two are SO LOUD. I got up, nursed Owen and put him back to sleep. He was tired and all snotty so I know he’s not feeling well. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Today was a bit harder with the boys. They were just overall more difficult. Kept asking where Daddy was and when he was coming home. That was hard to take all day. They played pretty well together today but they were really pushing the buttons as far as running, stomping, yelling in the house goes. I had a horrible headache from everything today. I laid them down for late naps at around 2:15 but SURPRISE SURPRISE they didn’t sleep. Aidan was talking loudly in his room and Dylan, of course, kept coming down for any and everything. About an hour before nap was over I went and laid down because my head hurt so bad I wanted to cry. My nap didn’t help. In fact I woke up feeling worse so I took some Ibuprofen. That finally seemed to make it ease up.

The boys continued to play upstairs. I am slowly moving toys from the playroom to their room, seperating them all into each ones room. Babyish toys in Owens room, and then the rest split between Dylan and Aidan. I am keeping the bigger stuff in the playroom. I just hope that this way they can each learn to be responsible for their own rooms and the toys in them. Also it will keep the toys from being in ONE BIG MESS in the playroom where I have to look at it. ๐Ÿ˜† Now instead it will be in three messes behind doors I can close. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ HA!! Today I cleaned the upstairs hallway and vacuumed and moved some things around. The hallway acts as a laundry basket between their rooms and their bathroom. It’s annoying, but that’s just where it ends up. Need to work on that.

For dinner I did the lazy mom thing and went to BK drive-thru. My head was still hurting a little and I was tired and frazzled so I bailed out on dinner. Again. Seriously, TOMORROW I HAVE TO COOK. HAVE. TO. Anyway, even though we stayed in the truck it was nice to leave the house for a few minutes. I got a salad and the biggest diet coke I could. ๐Ÿ˜† I felt much better after I ate something good. And the caffeine didn’t hurt either. I did bed a bit different tonight. We skipped bath b/c they didn’t really get dirty or anything today and I didn’t put them to bed until 9. We started for bed around 8:15 though. I read to Aidan by himself in his room. He is so funny, he wanted to brush my hair while I read to him. ๐Ÿ˜€ They love to do that. Not sure why but I think it’s sweet. Anyway, I read to him and he actually sat and paid attention and didn’t fidget or run around. Then we prayed and he went right into bed. No complaints, no begging for his sippy with water. Nothing. I never heard another peep out of him. Then I went to Dylans room and read to him. He also brushed my hair. ๐Ÿ˜† Then we prayed and he went right to bed as well. ๐Ÿ˜€ yeah! He only came down once because his legs were bothering him again so I gave him so Motrin, rubbed his legs and put lotion on them b/c he said they were itching. Then he went back to bed and I haven’t heard from him since. NICE! Owen is already in bed too. Poor kid has the green goo. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ He is acting fine, a bit more sleepy it seems, but otherwise acting fine.

Talked to Jake today. He got out of his class at TEN this morning. TEN! Then he went to lunch, the gym, had a TWO HOUR nap, and when I was talking to him he was just watching tv laying in his bed. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ He laughed and said he wasn’t sure he wanted to tell me all of that. ๐Ÿ˜† Clearly this “class” he is taking is just a cover for a vacation. ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  ๐Ÿ˜† Tonight when I called him he was doing the same thing….just watching tv. Gee, must be hard. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I told him when he gets home I get an entire day BY MYSELF. I am so cashing in on that!

Tomorrow we are FOR SURE getting out of the house in the morning. MOPS is having a playdate at the indoor play area at the community center. I am excited to get out of the house and let the boys burn off some energy! ๐Ÿ˜€

Other than being really tired and missing Jake, not much has changed. I am around the boys 24/7 normally anyway, it’s just at night I have usually have someone to help out a bit more and do bedtime. I think with my new solution to bedtime that part will be much easier on me and I need to make it to bed BY (if not before) midnight. Speaking of which…. is in about 5 minutes. So, that’s my cue! ๐Ÿ˜‰


9 responses »

  1. man o man!! I’m still praying for you!

  2. Hi Brandy,
    I will for sure be keeping you in my prayers! Hang in there girl and keep up the good work. Don’t you feel bad about the BK drive thru, I had enough yesterday and was going to do that with the boys but the only reason why I did not was because Michael was gone with my van. ๐Ÿ™‚ Love you and praying that you all stay healthy and that the time goes fast while Jake is gone.

  3. Wow. I’m tired just reading it and I didn’t live it! ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope it gets a little easier day by day… and I’m impressed you got a salad instead of fries at BK. You’re a better woman than I! ๐Ÿ™‚ Keeping you in prayer…

  4. I so can relate to him going away and playing all day while I busted my butt with children… Isn’t that just the way it goes???? :lol

  5. So sorry things were a bit rough! I bet you are exhausted! I will be praying for you!

  6. Oh, I remember so well. . . sounds like a typical first day. They’ll settle down when they realize the new routine without Daddy around. I remember wondering what all the “conferences” were really about. Especially the year he went to Seattle and ate out at four star restaurants each night. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

    Praying for all!! Love you, Brandy.

  7. SERIOUSLY, I feel even more tired now. I love you, and love that you remind me that I’m not the only one doing what we moms do everyday.

  8. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

  9. i’m sorry it’s been so challenging… i so hope it gets (got?) better!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: