I’m surprised I remembered my password! HA!! I successfully stayed off of my computer for two entire days this week, and the days I did get on, I limited my time to just what my battery would give me. And ya know what, it feels good! I do miss my late night chats a great deal, so I think I’ll need to set aside at least one night a week for some Love, G, ‘Chelle, and Tam. 😉
G caught me on chat one day and I said “I’ve been MIA this week” and she said “you need to teach me how to be MIA!” 😆 So, here’s what I did, or didn’t do….
- Only used my battery on my computer. When it was up, I was DONE.
- spent LOTS of time cleaning
- spent LOTS of time with the boys
- spent LOTS of time with Jake
And ya know what, I am very happy with the computer time changes I made this week. I hope I can keep it up. 😀
Some other happenings going on in the Hawkins House:
- Camping on Monday. We are going to go camping from Monday through Thursday this week. I am hoping it will be a lot of fun and very relaxing for us. And guess what? I’m NOT taking my computer. 😯 We will be HERE.
- We tried out a new church last weekend. Not so much what we are looking for in a church. The deal breaker was there is nothing for kids. They only have childcare up to age 4. After that, they sit with their parents. We really want a church with a kids program.
- We went bowling with the boys this week. They are HILARIOUS to watch bowl. It’s so cute! Dylan does this thing where he points with both hands straight at you while doing a lunge type move after he’s hit the pins. SO FUNNY! Aidan hides behind something while he ball is going down the lane and then he jumps out from behind it when the pins go down. HAHA!! 😆
- We’ve been working more regularly in their workbooks this week. We’ve set aside time before bed to do them with both boys. They are doing really well in them and Dylan just THRIVES on learning that stuff. He is CONSTANTLY asking to do them now that we’ve set up a regular schedule to get them done.
- I painted part of the kitchen. I’ve decided that I now hate painting. I hurt all over from painting. I don’t remember hurting like this before when I painted….but then again, that was 5 years and 3 kids ago!
- I have a new absolute favorite show that I’ve been watching. I mentioned it before, but JON AND KATE PLUS 8 is AMAZING!!!! It’s our new Monday night thing….watch that show and eat ice cream. Even Jake likes it a lot. 😀 I’m glad. 😀
- I rearranged the living room ONCE AGAIN. 😆 Seriously though, this time it HAS TO STAY b/c even I am getting tired of moving it around. I did have a little “conversational” sitting area at one end of the living room with the loveseat and chair, but I needed a decorative rug (yes, there I go with the rugs again!) and a coffee table to complete the look….but Jake vetoed that everytime I tried. Sooo, I was not happy with it and changed it up again. 😆
- I watched my friends little girl the other day, her name is Romi (raw-me) and the next day Dylan said “Can Romi come back over and play today but I can just call her Kambrie instead?” HAHA!! Too funny!
You’d think I’d have more to report after such a busy week, but I really don’t. The boys played outside A LOT. A LOT A LOT. We had a couple thunderstorms which I am learning to like more and more. Jake and I have hung out quite a bit in the evenings after the boys have gone to bed which has been really nice. Oh yeah, we’ve started this new thing….. we each filled out seven pieces of paper with ideas of nice things to do for the other person. It could be anything that we thought the other would appreciate. So there were 14 total. Everyday we draw one out of cup and have to do that particular thing without telling the other person. That night, before we go to bed, we either have already figured it out or we exchange papers to see what the other one did. It’s been kind of nice. 😀 And fun. Unfortunately, I’ve gotten ALL of the cleaning ones so far, but still, it’s fun knowing that you’re doing something you KNOW the other person will like and also knowing they are doing something for you that day.
Alrighty, back to life now. 😉 Gotta get ready for camping and a trip into town this evening. I need to make it to the bread store before they close! 😯