No More Fat Arse People In Ministry Weight Loss Challenge…. right??? RIGHT.
Okay, so I’m not in “ministry” ministry, like in church or anything, but as Ric so nicely put it in one of my comments, moms have a ministry all their own…. the babies. And what kind of example do I want to set for my kids by being a fat arse?? Not that I am FAT fat. But I’m not fit either. And I don’t eat the best I could either. Soooo, Brent “tagged” me I guess you could say, or you could say he commanded me, to join in on this weight loss challenge. 😆 See for yourself HERE. Now there is no set in stone way to do this, it’s everyone for themselves. Whatever works for YOU, or..me as the case may be. So, how am I going to do this??? Let’s see…
- I’m not going to live by the scale. I’m not really all that worried about the scale. If I was significantly overweight I would be focusing on a set number of pounds, but I’m not. I’m just not all the healthy. Make sense? So while I will be checking my weight just to see what my progress (if any in the weight department) is, I will not be a slave to it. In reality, I could gain weight getting healthy b/c we all know muscle weighs more than fat. But I don’t hope to gain that much muscle either. 😆
- Drink lots of water. I plan on drinking mainly water. I am giving up all sodas, juices, etc. I am even going to scale the coffee back to ONE A DAY. 😯 I will only drink milk at meals, but that has to stay whole milk b/c really I can’t drink anything else. It’s just… I can’t. 😆 I really struggled with the decision about the coffee. Some days I have none, others I have A LOT. But I think limiting myself to one iced coffee in the morning (LOVE it iced!) will keep me from splurging on those other days. And really, my coffee is half coffee half creamer. 😯 HAHA!!
- One serving per meal. I an NOTORIOUS for being able to pack it away. I can out eat Jake any day. 😯 I could finish off an entire casserole by myself and still want to eat a few slices of buttered bread. The reason for this?? I mostly only eat at night. That will be changing too…more on that in a minute. At dinner I am only going to have ONE plate of food. If I want more veggies though, that will be the only exception to seconds. I love veggies so that is good. Minus carrots and corn though b/c they are carbs, so I can’t have seconds of those. 😉
- Eat throughout the day. I am VERY bad about not eating all day and then splurging at dinner. I need to eat more like the boys do….all day long. And good stuff. My boys eat pretty good….bananas, apples, cheese, sandwhiches….throughout the day. They are constantly eating. And they have a TON of energy. I need to eat more frequently and make better food choices. More fruits and veggies to snack on, less buttered breads and chocolates. 😳
- Less computer time. This doesn’t sound like your typical diet plan but really, I need to get my ARSE off the computer and DO MORE and I think that will make a huge difference. B/c really, I spend a lot of time on here. 😳 It’s embarrassing. Really. And I know I’m not alone in this! 😯 😆 So my computer time will be limited to the mornings to run through my blogroll, comment QUICKLY, answer emails, and then shut it down. I will get back on during naptime if I want to post something (like now) or look stuff up, but that’s it. My nights are going to be off limits for the most part. That is something I need to talk to Jake about, b/c really, he’s not thrilled with my blogtime either. 😳 This is the part of the “diet” that is more focused on overall health, not just physical health.
- MOVE MORE. I figure this one will naturally fall into place with less computer time. 😉 For me, it’s hard to do a regimented excercise plan b/c well, I balk at it and b/c of the boys. I do have an elliptical which I have hardly used. 😳 It was an impulse purchase to counter Jake’s TV purchase. Okay, so maybe it was a bitter purchase. 😆 HA! But still, I have it, I should use it.
Okay so I think that’s about it. 😯 Small changes, but I think they will make a big difference in my life. Oh, and I guess I should post my weight huh so all youse 😉 can follow along. Okay here it is: weight 150lbs. Not bad considering I weighed 200lbs in June last year….9 months pregnant. 😉 Inevitably, there will be some weight loss but like I said before, I am more interested in feeling better not weighing less.
Here is a list of everyone else joining in on this. Check them out if you have a chance and see how they are going about this. To each his own! 😉