RSS Feed

Let’s Give this a try….

Posted on

So in an attempt to start a blog on here that is appropriate for people to actually read, I thought I’d create yet ANOTHER blog. I have myspace and I have a private blog on here, but I find myself being pulled into the public blogging world. HA!! Becaues I have nothing to say at the moment…here are a few of my latest blogs from myspace…… they will bore you to death. ;o)

Owen’s Birthday Story……
Okay, so some of you have been asking for the detailed version of Owen’s arrival, and I have really been intending to do it before now, but everytime I think about it my head hurts, and the farther from that day I get the more my head hurts to think about the fuzzy details. LOL Pregnant brain has now become Mommy brain, soon to return to normal brain in about 6 months….so I’ve heard.

So without further ado…..

Tuesday the 10th I went shopping all day with my mom and got the much needed baby book I had remembered the night before. We were gone for the better part of the day and got home around 3. I put the boys down for naps and got online. Around 3:30 I went to the bathroom and noticed I was bleeding. This happened with Aidan too….. means labor is coming SOON. I called my mom frantic b/c that was my gut reaction. She came over and I was on the phone with my OB and she said to just labor at home for a while until my contractions were around 4-5 minutes apart. Greeeeat. So, mom went home and said to call her when they start b/c at this point I had no contractions. About an hour later, 4:30 or so, I started having contractions. At 5:30 I started timing them b/c they were becoming worse. I called mom to come get the boys b/c I did not want to be laboring at home alone and taking care of them. She came and got them and then Jake got home a little bit later. Meanwhile I was finishing up some last minute things around here and making sure my bags were packed and at the front door, all the while being busy online too.
The bad thing is that my contractions weren’t very regular. Some were 7 minutes apart, some were 15, they were really sporadic which was frustrating b/c they were increasing in strength….. just not in frequency. Finally I had about a half hour of contractions at 5 minutes apart and they were to the point where I could barely breath through them, so I opted to go in then. I did that b/c I needed to be hooked up to antibiotics asap b/c I was positive for Group B Strep. I needed at least four hours of antibiotics and I have quick labors. In fact the nurse kept saying she didn’t trust my body to not change at the last minute and decide to spit out a baby b/c I was what they called a “multip mom” (multiple births already) with a history of delivering fast.
So anyway, we checked into the hospital at 8:30 and I assumed they would hook me up to the antibiotics right away but they didn’t. They wanted to monitor me for a while to make sure I was in active labor. Well, wouldn’t you know it but my contractions slowed down, but they didn’t lessen in pain. That was frustrating. They talked about sending me home, something I did NOT want to do. I kept telling her that while they weren’t regular contractions they were getting more and more painful and I that I knew myself and my body well enough to know that I would need an epidural SOON. She said they would monitor me for about 1-2 hours and then decide. Oh brother…that would mean it would be almost MIDNIGHT before they decided to keep me or not, and if they sent me home I would just have to go back in 6 hours anyway for my induction. Well luckily my contractions picked up and so did the pain. My nurse said she didn’t like the way my body was acting and given my history, she wanted to go ahead and admit me. At this point it was around midnight. So, they admitted me, and I begged for the epidural. BTW, I have a love/hate relationship with the epidural. While I love what it does for you, I absolutely hate getting it. I was more fearful of the epidural than of delivering a baby! LOL
I got the epidural around 1 I think?? Exact timing is fuzzy to me now… but I got the epidural with the help of Jake enduring my fingernails in his shoulders, me stretching out the neck of his shirt, and a pillow at RVMC that probably still has my bite marks in it. I swear I am the most polite person in labor I think….I apologized before hand for any swearing that might be offensive to the nurse and anesthisiologist (sp?) and kept saying sorry when I screamed too loudly. What was funny is the anesthisiologist kept apologizing too… “I’m so sorry, my wife hates these too and does the same thing.” That was actually a relief to hear. So, once we got through that ordeal, I laid back and let it take affect. I hate that part too….. I don’t like feeling all of the control of my lower body leaving me. It’s a strange feeling. I don’t mind it once it’s complete, but waiting for it to take full affect is creepy for me. Same feeling I get in an elevator….that’s random.
So the epidural worked immediately on my right side but not so much on my left. In fact it never really numbed my left side at all. I could still feel the contractions on my left side…not as strongly as before, but strong enough to make me cry. While this was going on the nurse FINALLY hooked me up to the antibiotics I needed. I was supposed to have penicillian but b/c I am allergic to penicillian related drugs they opted for something else….. and wouldn’t you know it, I was allergic to that. My right had and foot swelled and started itching horribly. At first we thought it was the epidural b/c that is one thing about the epidural, while it is numbing you, it itches a lot. But when only my hand and foot became inflamed and red and just NASTY looking, did we realize it was an allergic reaction. So, she pulled me off of that drug and said she’d ask the doctor what else to try. Around this time the anesthisiologist came back in to recheck my epidural since it wasn’t numbing properly. He said that sometimes some women didn’t numb evenly and there was no explaination for it…. that it was different for every woman. Well, the other two times I had one I numbed evenly on BOTH sides thankyouverymuch. So, I was left to feel the pain in my lower left abdomen and upper thigh. He left and the nurse left to get me more meds. I was worried at this point b/c it was already 3am and I was dilated to a 5. From the previous two boys, I knew I was on the downslope from here on out. I managed to doze a little from 3am to 3:20 and what woke me up was this excruciating pain in my left hip. It felt like someone was drilling a hole into my hip bones. I was laying on my left side too, hoping the epidural would make it’s way down (they recommend doing that, saying it helps, but it never did) so at first I thought maybe it’s b/c I’ve been laying here too long. But it got worse and worse, and it was more constant, not like a contraction. I knew something was not normal. Poor Jake had to be my punching bag and I am surprised I didn’t break his shoulder. AND, come to find out the next day, the people across the hall could hear me screaming (Kacie happened to know them and they said to her “didn’t your sister get an epidural? LOL). Niiiiiiice. Yes, screaming….. b/c remember my epidural was not so effective on that side.
I called for a nurse b/c I was getting scared at this point that something was wrong and my nurse was still MIA….. so the nurse that responded checked me and I was at a 10!!!!! After she checked me I asked her to lay me on my back b/c the pain in my hip was just too much. It lessened the pain a little, but not a lot. I told her I was supposed to have the antibiotic and I hadn’t received it at all, and she looked concerned and said she’d call in the oncall doctor b/c it was time to push. At this point I started panicking b/c I knew I needed that antibiotic and I was worried about the baby. I was crying and talking about a mile a minute. Jake was trying to calm me down and then the doctor showed up. She said that my nurse earlier got called into a delivery and no one knew I wasn’t being checked on. GREAT. I kept telling her about not getting the antibiotics and she didn’t seem too thrilled about that which worried me even more. I kept saying “is my baby going to be okay?” over and over. She never said he would be, but she did say that 15 years ago when they didn’t do the GBS testing that babies were fine, so why wouldn’t mine be? I know that is what she had to say, and it really wasn’t that reassuring. They did say they’d do bloodwork on him after he was born to make certain. That made me feel a little bit better, but just a little. OH yeah, when the nurse checked me and I was a 10 I had Jake call my mom and she almost beat the doctor there! In fact, right after the whole “GBS talk” my mom showed up I think….. at this point it was 4:45 or so?? So the doctor said she’d try to call my OB and see if she could get her in to deliver me and then she’d get back to me. So we waited a few minutes and she came back and said that my doctor didn’t answer her page so she was going to have to deliver me. That was fine with me….. my doctor has never delivered me. She missed Aidan’s birth too and then they only had a male oncall doctor and I threw a HUGE fit over that and insisted on a woman doctor, and they found a midwife at the other hospital who was willing to deliver me. So this time, with Owen, I was relieved that the oncall was a female so I didn’t have to go through that again. I told her I felt immense pressure like I should push and she said “Well lets do a practice push and see where we stand” so right there she had me give one push and before I could even finish the push she said “STOP! His head is right there!” and my mom and Jake looked down and someone said “OH he has hair!!” and before I knew it the doctor was in scrubs and the bed was broke down and raised and she said, “Okay, when you feel like it, push again” and I said “Uh, I feel like it NOW!” and so I raised up to push and before I could even grab my legs…. he was out. It was unbelievable. I have heard women before say that they didn’t even have to push and I always thought they were lying…. they weren’t. I figure I sat at a ten for at least an hour fighting the urge to push, and couple that with the fact that I have had two babies before, I think he was just READY. The doctor said, “He’s out!” and I said “WHAT?!” and looked down and there he was. I said “that was AWESOME!” heehee I can’t believe I said that now. It really was amazing though.
The hardest labor I have ever had, but it was the easiest delivery ever.
So, he was born at 5:01am on 7-11-07.

My OB came in around 7am to check on me and I told her about the hip pain and she said that since he was face up, that was him turning at the last minute. She had told me at my appt that monday before that he was face up and that when he turned it would probably be extremely painful and feel like labor. She wasn’t kidding. That was the worst pain I have EVER felt. I mean EVER. It even beat the pain of the epidural, if that’s possible.
I also told her about not getting the antibiotics and she was NOT HAPPY at all about that. In fact from my room she went to talk to the pharmacist about changing my meds w/o her approval and then to talk to someone about why I didn’t get the antibiotics.

Soooo, that’s the story of Owen’s arrival. The next several days in the hospital are an even longer story, which I may save for another blog. Don’t want to bombard you with the details of the last 11 days all in one blog. Lord knows this one is long enough already, and if you’ve read this far….well, bless you then. LOL ;o)

Oh yeah….ALSO, all of Owen’s bloodwork came back showing he was perfectly fine (thank you Lord!). And, for the first time ever, I didn’t tear so that means no stitches. WOOHOO!!!! :o)


My 12 Day Saga…….
Oh bother…. isn’t that what Winnie the Pooh says when things seem like they can’t possibly get any worse?? Now don’t get me wrong…. I am in a “happy” point in my life and that is the only reason I can laugh off these last 12 days. If I were still pregnant and having this kind of luck I think I would have hit the fan by now. LOL I was telling a friend from church about it today over the phone and I was laughing hysterically and she was just in SHOCK as to the amount of bad luck we’ve and she said “well at least you’re laughing about it!” Honey, that’s all I can do at this point…………..
WEDNESDAY (11th)/THURSDAY (12th) So Owen was born on a Wednesday morning after being up all night laboring. I didn’t sleep at all Wednesday even though Owen did. I was too wired. I did finally get tired that night but Owen had other plans. He was awake from midnight to 7am….. I was exhausted. All he wanted to do was nurse. I had not slept since Monday night and it was now Thursday morning. I called Jake and said “GET. HERE. NOW. And bring the pacifiers that I forgot.” He came and sat there with Owen and the paci while I slept for about two hours. I don’t think I went to sleep until about 9 though b/c I had ordered breakfast and then of course a million nurses check on you in the mornings. So I woke at 11 and was up until 3. I slept again until 5 and then got up and ordered dinner and had visitors and all that jazz. Well nightime came again and again he didn’t want to sleep. I fussed with until about 1230am and then called a nurse and said “I have NEVER put one of my babies in the nursery and I feel like a horrible mom but I have got to put him in there tonight. I am just too tired.” Then she told me that the nursery was full. Suddenly I didn’t care about being a horrible mom, I just wanted SOMEONE to take him so I could sleep. I said “Could YOU take him?” and she looked at my like “WHAT?!” and I said “don’t you keep babies at the nurses station?? I have seen that before I think. Will you keep him out there?” and she said yes that they do and she would. So she took him out with her and she brought him back around 215 to eat. I fed him and sent him back out with her at 3 and I went back to sleep until 6. That was the last time I got to sleep for a three hour stretch. LOL
FRIDAY (13th) It is now Friday and I am getting my stuff together to leave and go home. Jake and the boys were coming to get me around 1 or so. They came, they got me, we left at 2 and were home by 230. That night Jake’s family (mom, dad, bro and his family) were coming over to eat and hang out and see the baby. I suggested doing that b/c I really didn’t want to go there and Nate and Teresa were only down for the weekend and I wanted to see them and I knew they wanted to see the baby. Sooo, everyone came over for pizza and they brought some salad. After dinner Nate and Dylan were wrestling and Dylan started crying really hard, and I knew by the way he was crying that something was not right….. long story short, Jake, Nate, their dad, and Dylan all spent 5 hours in the ER that night getting x-rays on Dylan’s arm. The Dr’s couldn’t tell if it was fractured or not b/c his bones are still so little and not fully formed, so they splinted it anyway and said to take him to his pediatrician on Monday.
SATURDAY (14th) Teresa called to check on Dylan and offered to come over and watch the kids so Jake and I could rest or do whatever b/c Owen (AGAIN) did not sleep at all that night. I took her up on it and she and Kambrie came over. Jake left and went to put the plates on the trailer. While she was here I got to take my time taking a shower and getting dressed. That was nice. When I was done we got the kids all lunch and by the time they were finished Jake got home and then Teresa and Kambrie left. They kids got some good play time and I think Kambrie warmed up a little to the boys….it’s funny to see them all together b/c the boys are so rough and loud and she is so calm and quiet. While they were building towers and crashing them she was trying to read. LOL So cute. πŸ™‚
After that the boys laid down for naps and I dinked around here. At 230 Nate called to tell me something about the ER trip the night before and then MIL got on the phone to talk to me and said that they were having a BBQ at 5!!!! I told her that considering it was a LAST MINUTE invite it would all depend on the kids and naps and attitudes when they got up. To say the least I was annoyed. I just was frustrated b/c if I had known the night before when it was planned I could have planned my day better and anticipated it. We ended up going but not until 730 that night. I was glad we ended up going though b/c it was fun and the kids did really good and Owen slept through the whole thing. Plus it felt good to get out.
SUNDAY (15th) Sunday I had to take Owen in to the Dr to get his weight checked. When we left the hospital they said they didn’t like the amount of weight he had lost and they were just barely comfortable letting him leave, so they wanted to recheck him two days after to see if it went up any. After that I went back over to Jake’s parents (where I had dropped him and the boys earlier) to say goodbye to Nate and Teresa and Kambrie. After they left we went to lunch at Angelo’s with his parents. After that we went back to their house to hook up the trailer to take it home since Jake and the boys were going camping on Tuesday. The rest of the day was pretty low key…. naps, dinner, down time. NOthing exciting.
MONDAY (16th) Monday I had to take Dylan to the Dr. to have his arm looked at again. They determined that it in fact was NOT broken and didn’t need to be in the splint any longer. They tried to put it in a sling but he SCREAMED his head off like the night he hurt it. I asked if it really mattered, sling or splint, and they said no, so we put the splint back on. I think he was more scared than anything even though he said he still had a little pain in his elbow. The Dr. said that when he felt like it to just take it off and he’d be fine. So I told him when we left it was up to him, that when he wanted we could take it off anytime. From watching him, it was obvious it wasn’t going to be anytime soon. Seriously that kid is a DQ (my mom calls me DQ for drama queen, so maybe I should call him a DK?? drama king?) LOL. The rest of the day was spent getting Jake and the boys ready for camping down at Shasta with my family. I was starting to be bummed I couldn’t go b/c a lot of extended family ended up being there too. I couldn’t go though b/c I had Owen’s circumcision on Wednesday that I couldn’t reschedule.
TUESDAY (17th) Jake and the boys left around 11:30 in the morning I think?? After that I got ready and headed out to go shopping. I was tired of wearing my maternity shirts still and STILL looking pregnant in them. BLECH. I don’t care how ridiculous it is, I was not going to ride it out…. I decided it was worth it to spend some $$$ on a few new things to get me through until I can fit back into some of my old clothes. So I went to Target b/c a few weeks ago I saw these cute dresses that I thought would cover well. The only ones they had left were spaghetti strapped and I cannot wear those while nursing. NO SUPPORT at all and I think someone would have me arrested for indecent exposure. I did however find this really cute style of tank top that covered well and was light in fabric and would be good for nursing and would still look good after the baby weight was gone. It is not fitted at all, it’s kind of flowy… so I got four of them in different colors. I got a pair of Bermuda shorts, a pair of capri’s and a cute knee length baby doll hoodie with leggings. HOPEFULLY that will get me through since I don’t leave the house much anyway. My cousin Krislyn had called and said that she was going back down to camping on Wednesday and she said she’d wait for me if I wanted to ride with her. I was so excited!!! I called and told Jake but told him not to tell anyone! I wanted it to be a surprise since most of them hadn’t seen Owen….. in fact, only a few of them had. So the rest of Tuesday I spent packing, doing a few loads of laundry for the trip, and cleaning the house.
WEDNESDAY (18th) I got up and got ready for Owen’s appt. I got there and we did his one week check up and then I left him with the Dr. for his SNIPAGE and I went back and hung out with my lactation consultant for a while. The nurse found me and brought him to me and said that Nancy (my LC) could check him in 30 minutes to give me the all clear to go home. So I went and joined the moms group she has at that time and chatted and nursed Owen and then Nancy checked him and we left. I called Krislyn when I got home and she was on her way over to get us. We loaded up and left. NOW HERE IS WHERE LIFE GETS EVEN MORE INTERESTING. On the way down to camping I had to stop to feed Owen. I noticed he wasn’t nursing well when we left so I was glad he got hungry, only he didn’t nurse well then either. I thought maybe it was because I was in the car. I kept trying all day to nurse him. I was kicking myself in the butt b/c I had forgotten my pump so I was getting very “FULL” and I knew that he needed to eat and wasn’t eating hardly at all. I started getting frustrated and worried b/c I know from my history with Aidan that it would not be good for me if he didn’t empty me with a feeding, and SOON. Well, sure enough, I had a 101 fever that night in the trailer, I was sweating and having the chills off and on. Luckily I had remembered my thermometer and Ibuprofen so I took 4 IBU and lived on that until we got home Thursday night. I had called my OB while camping and they called me in a presrcription so it was waiting for me when we got back.
THURSDAY (19th) So we packed up and headed home and got back around 5 ish. Jake picked up my prescription for me of dicloxicillian and the pharmacist said that if I am allergic to any penicillian related meds to not take it. So I called the oncall Dr and told her my allergies (there are a lot) and she said NOT to take it, she’d call me in something else. So I sent Jake to pick that up as well. So when he got home from getting that (8pm by this point) he gave me my meds. I said “is this it?” b/c it looked different than before (I have had mastitis four times) and he said yes so I took it. Well later I was looking at the papers that came with it and I had a question so I called the pharmacist and she said “look at the bottle and tell me what it says” so I asked Jake for the bottle. He pointed to it. I said “NO that’s the bottle I might be allergic to, where’s the other one?” and he said “THAT’S that one I gave you!” and then I lost it. HE GAVE ME THE WRONG MEDS!!! I totally started to panic after that. I was freaking out, crying hysterically, waiting for my throat to possible swell up, pacing the floor, I was a mess. I called the Dr and she said to take Benadryl to counteract any reaction. So I took the Benadryl and stayed up for four hours to make sure I wasn’t going to die in my sleep. LOL Jake said “So you probably think I am trying to kill you now or something huh?” heehee Yeah, slightly.
FRIDAY (20th) All through the night Thursday and early Friday morning I noticed that my milk supply had gone down. I called my LC to find out if this was b/c of the mastitis. When I told her about the previous night she said “Oh! The Benadryl dried up your milk!” Greeeeeeeeeeeat! At this point I was thinking “could it GET any worse?! I mean really! What else could possible go wrong?” So we decided that I will start taking Fenugreek right away and start pumping after EVERY feeding to help bring my milk back up to par. Wonderful. Like I don’t have enough to do already and like I’m not getting enough sleep already. Now after I take 40 minutes to feed and diaper him, I need to take another 15-20 to pump and wash the supplies. So by the time I am done diapering, feeding, and pumping, I can MAYBE get an hour and half of sleep in before doing it again. Maybe. So I opted to skip the wee hours pumping sessions and just try to do it every other time.
So the rest of Friday went pretty okay. I laid in bed ALL DAY LONG and went back and forth with the fever then the chills. That is so not fun. My whole body ached. It’s worse than having the flu. That night Jake made noodles for some spaghetti sauce I had thawed out. Just as we were cleaning dinner up I heard Jake say “Aidan No nonononnoooo!” and I look over and Aidan has his finger up his nose! He had SHOVED hamburger from the sauce up his nose! He was screaming and holding his nose and saying “nose! nose! nose! owieeee!” I immediately started to worry b/c this kid can his finger all the way up his nose…. he is facinated with just sticking his finger up his nose and leaving it there. It’s the strangest thing. It’s obvious he is in pain. We try several things, nothing works. I call my mom and try a bath like she suggested (hoping the splashing around would make his nose runny) and that didn’t work. He has been screaming now for about 30 minutes. I call the nurse, she calls back and says take him to the ER. So, Jake spent TWO FRIDAY NIGHTS IN A ROW IN THE ER!! I sat at home thinking “this is just great, someone is going to send childrens services to our house and investigate WHY we were there with our kids two friday nights in a row!” When Jake and Aidan got home sometime after midnight Jake said they pulled three chunks out of his nose, and one was the size of a dime!! And I guess they were really far up there. Good thing they went in.
SATURDAY (21st) Thankfully Saturday nothing too extremem happened. In fact Saturday was pretty okay. Jake and I went rounds that day. Between his lack of patience with the kids and my fatigue we were at each others throats. He wanted to go out that night too!! I got up Saturday afternoon after I realized that with all the screaming and kids running around I was not going to get to rest anymore. The house was trashed. I started picking stuff up and when Jake said he wanted to go out I said ONLY if the house resembled something picked up and somewhat neat by evening time could we go out. Well he hoped to it then. Mom came over and watched the boys (all three!) and we went to Red Robin for dinner and then to Walmart to pick up some wipes and cleaner and some household essentials. We were only gone about 2 hours…. I’m on a short leash with Owen for a while. ;o) When we got home the boys were in bed and Owen was ready to be fed again.
SUNDAY (22nd) Sunday morning I got up and looked to the side of my bed and saw the papers from my prescription that I had been reading the other night. I noticed it said there were only 20 pills in the bottle. I thought that was odd since normally there are 40. In the past, when I had it with Aidan, I had to take four pills a day for 10 days….40 pills. I had been taking four pills a day since Friday…so just for Friday and Saturday and I had already taken two by 8am Sunday morning. Every six hours…. that is the schedule I am used to with these meds. Naturally I just started taking them the same again. When I saw the amount was 20 I thought “hmmm, I must need to refill these” and I didn’t think anything of it since it was a different pharmacy than normal. THEN, at 2:30pm when I went to take my third pill of the day, I noticed on the pill bottle that I was only supposed to be taking it TWICE a day, not four times a day!!!! SERIOUSLY!! Prescription medication is going to be the death of me, I swear! I called THE SAME pharmacist back and was in a panic, AGAIN, and told her the whole story. She said “not to offend you, but are you a LARGE person?” and I said “well no but I did just have a baby” and she said “well no, I mean if you were really large then MAYBE you would need a large dose but you don’t” Sooooo, come to find out, these pills were double strength pills as opposed to single strength pills which is what I normally take. I asked her if anything was going to be wrong with my or the baby and she said no, but to really push the fluids. So after that phone call I started downing water like crazy!! She also said to not take any more and wait until the next day to take another one and just finish it out taking two a day.
The rest of the day was pretty low key and boring. I did a LOT of laundry. No one has done any laundry around here since the day before I went into labor. Niiiiice. Tonight Jake and I will be folding MOUNDS of laundry.
So that brings us to today……..
Today was my first day alone with Jake back at work. This morning was a bit nutty and frazzled but I regained control with the boys. The hardest thing is going to be figuring out how to QUIETLY nurse Owen while I am home by myself with Dylan and Aidan. I think I am really going to have to bite the bullet and set up a seriously scheduled and structured day. Everything in me wants to rebel against that and I hate it with it a passion, but I know it will make things easier. That is my biggest goal in life right now, to just regain control over my house and stick to a structured schedule. That even means limiting my computer time and my phone time. The more I am distracted, the more they test me, and I lose my patience quickly lately. I hope I am disciplined enough to do this. I really want to…..
So that is a very long recap of the last 12 days. I think I am mostly caught up to speed. This is soooo long and I even left out the details. Believe it or not, this is the cliff notes version. LOL Oh well, now I can get back to my regular blogging. I had wanted too but knew if I started without posting everything since Owen’s birth, I would never post any of it. So overwhelming.
Tonight the boys are at moms for their monday night with her, and Owen is spending some time with my grandma for about an hour until he needs to eat again. πŸ™‚ That should be nice for her. She loves them at this age. πŸ™‚


Okay well now that should be enough to get my blahg ball rolling….. let’s see if I can keep this puppy up….


3 responses »

  1. Wow! Well, I have to say, my guy was face up and he almost was the death of me, figuratively speaking! Even though it hurt for Owen to turn, trust me, it was best that he did. Who delivered Owen? My first OB wasn’t there when I delivered Simone either and then I ended up with a new OB. But all worked out well. Both female too, no male OB is going to touch me with a ten foot pole! I empathize with you though…although I have just two, Simone (2) and Marcus (4 mos) it’s still a run for my money at any given time, also made interesting b/c I just returned to work. Hopefully things have calmed down for you. You are very blessed that you have family who can help out. My MIL is very tense with the kids…we are grooming her for the end of the month b/c we have tickets to Britt. I might have to resort to changing Simone’s schedule so that she ends up sleeping while we are gone and make sure that Marcus is stuffed to the gills before we leave. Hang in there…

    BTW, I am friend of Tammy and Brent’s if you haven’t figured out lol

  2. OH yes I knew who you were right off. πŸ™‚ Well, that you are a friend of B&T’s anyway. πŸ™‚

    Dr. Fife delivered Owen. I had never heard of her but she was great! I am like you…NO male doctors please!! With Aidan (my second) I had a complete meltdown b/c there were no women doctors on call… they found me a midwife. πŸ™‚

    Your plan to change the kids schedule sounds better than hoping you MIL loosens up a bit. πŸ™‚ That is what we do when someone watches them that we are nervous about…just take care of the big things ahead of time so you KNOW they are done and don’t have to worry about it (like stuffing Marcus to the gills!).

    Things haven’t settle down yet, but it takes about 2-3 months for that to happen. That is how it was after my second. My pediatrician said it would take that long and he was right. ugh.

    I hope things smooth out with you going back to work and you guys going to Britt. Who are you going to see??

  3. Asante has their employee night every year so we are going to see Chicago. I’ve let 4 years worth of Britt tickets go bye-bye b/c hubby didn’t like who was going to be there…Not this year! I love Chicago but hubby isn’t so fond of them but is willing to take me. Knowing him he’s going to pass out asleep on the lawn! I’ve threatened to play their music as soon as he walks through the door! πŸ™‚

    Dr. Fife…must be a new one. Things have calmed down here a fair bit…last night both children slept though the night. Of course I was at work so now that I am off we’ll see what happens tonight…hmmm….what do you figure on them being up?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: